Dr Samantha Ferrett
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Telephone: 01392 722251
Extension: (Streatham) 2251
I'm a Postdoctoral Research Fellow currently working on the CIRCULATES project and a CSSP Asia project. My work involves assessment of cloud feedbacks in current coupled climate models and the role of sea surface temperature variability in the East Asian Monsoon.
- Representation of the tropical climate and weather in coupled climate models and forecast models.
- Uncertainty in future changes in climate.
- Tropical waves and their links to high impact weather in Southeast Asia.
- Dynamics and teleconnections of modes of variability (e.g. El Nino-Southern Oscillation) in the Tropical Pacific.
Current Research Projects:
- CIRCULATES: A project examining uncertainty in cloud feedbacks.
- Dynamics of East Asian monsoon variability and climate change: This project is part of the CSSP: China programme, examining dynamics of East Asian summer monsoon and it's representation in current coupled models