Dr Hamid Alemi Ardakani
Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
Visit my Personal Website which includes topics for researchers and students.
If you are interested in doing a Ph.D. please email me directly. UK/EU students are welcome to contact me if they wish to develop their own Ph.D. research proposal for the EPSRC DTP and NERC DTP studentship opportunities.
I am offering to supervise self-funded PhD students in the areas of
- Geometric mechanics and symmetry.
- Nonlinear waves and multisymplectic numerical methods for Hamiltonian PDEs.
- Geometric and structure-preserving algorithm design and numerical analysis.
- Finite volume Riemann methods for hyperbolic partial differential equations; Symplectic finite volume methods.
- Lagrangian, Hamiltonian, and geometric fluid mechanics.
- Theoretical fluid mechanics, Lagrangian averaged Navier–Stokes models.
- Hamiltonian particle-mesh theory and EPDiff.
- Variational methods and long-time computational modelling of ocean wave energy extraction.
Applied Geometric Mechanics Research Network is currently supported by the London Mathematical Society.
MTH3032: Applications of Geometry and Topology
ECM3908: Partial Differential Equations
ECM2908: Vector Calculus and Applications
MTHM607: Computational Modelling and Simulation