Dr Hamid Alemi Ardakani
Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
Telephone: 01392 723559
Extension: (Streatham) 3559
Visit my Personal Website which includes topics for researchers and students.
If you are interested in doing a Ph.D. please email me directly. UK/EU students are welcome to contact me if they wish to develop their own Ph.D. research proposal for the EPSRC DTP and NERC DTP studentship opportunities.
I am offering to supervise self-funded PhD students in the areas of
- Geometric mechanics and symmetry.
- Geometric fluid mechanics.
- Nonlinear waves and multisymplectic numerical methods for Hamiltonian PDEs.
- Geometric and structure-preserving algorithm design and numerical analysis.
- Finite volume Riemann methods for hyperbolic partial differential equations; Symplectic finite volume methods.
- Theoretical fluid mechanics; Lagrangian averaged Navier–Stokes models.
- Hamiltonian particle-mesh theory and EPDiff.
- Variational methods and long-time computational modelling of ocean wave energy extraction.
Research Network: Applied Geometric Mechanics is currently supported by the London Mathematical Society.
Research Network: New Directions in Mathematical Modelling of Ocean Wave Energy is currently supported by the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences.
MTH3013: Applied Differential Geometry
MTH3032: Applications of Geometry and Topology
MTH3035: Mathematics Group Project (Project Advisor)
ECM3908: Partial Differential Equations
ECM2908: Vector Calculus and Applications
MTHM607: Computational Modelling and Simulation
MTH0002: Applied Mathematics