Dr Frank Kwasniok
Telephone: 01392 723978
Extension: (Streatham) 3978
My research interests and activities generally lie in the application of mathematical and statistical methods, in particular dynamical systems approaches, to problems in weather and climate science.
I am a member of the Exeter Climate Systems centre and the Centre for Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics.
- data-driven stochastic subgrid-scale modelling
- low-order models of atmospheric low-frequency variability
- statistics, prediction and predictability of extreme weather events
- analysis and modelling of palaeoclimatic records using simple dynamical systems
- prediction of critical transitions from time series
- statistical post-processing of weather forecast ensembles
PhD in Theoretical Physics, University of Rostock, Germany
Diplom (equiv. to MSc) in Physics, University of Muenster, Germany
Vordiplom (equiv. to BSc) in Physics, University of Muenster, Germany
Vordiplom (equiv. to BSc) in Mathematics, University of Muenster, Germany